InfoPath cannot start Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications.To work with Visual Basic or C# code, Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA) is required. the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0 must be installed prior to installing VSTA. To install VSTA, open Add or Remove Programs, locate your 2007 Microsoft Office System installation, and then click Change [full problem description on Jeroen Ceuppens ' blog]
The problem has a very simple solution, just respect the way you install the Office products.
SOLUTION: Please respect the following installation order ...
1. Install the Microsoft Office 2007 clients
without .NET programmability support for .NET Framework version 2.0
2. Install the .NET 3.0 framework
3. Install the Microsoft Office Sharepoint Portal Server 2007
4. Go to 'Add or Remove Programs...' and add the '.NET programmability support for .NET Framework version 2.0' right now. The installation makes sure that it has to use the .NET 2.0 framework which is already installed on the computer.
The ultimate test...
5. Start up Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007.
6. Save your blank template on your disk
7. Go to menu Tools > Programming > Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications
Information about VSTA - Visual Studio Tools for Applications
You can find the VSTA executable on this location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\vsta.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\vsta.exe.config
Have a look at the vsta.exe.config file. You will see that vsta.exe requires the v.2.0.
<supportedruntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/>
<requiredruntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/>
A better solution would be: first install the Office 2007 server products and afterwards you can install all Office 2007 Clients on it. (I did not test this remark ...)
Wednesday, January 10, 2007