1. Create a “please wait” and a “start up” screen when you receive or submit data to a data source.
(Use a combination of the OnContextChange and OnSwitchView InfoPath methods to create such please wait views.)
2. Use the Wingdings font to show images on buttons
> Use: Path.GetInstance(thisXDocument).GetCustomerItem(“my:CustomerName”)
> Class: Path
> Static Method: GetInstance(XDocument thisXDocument) [singleton pattern]
> Methods GetCustomerItem() (to retrieve object(s) of IXMLDOMNode = return type)
4. Avoid cycles, think about the need of rules,
Please think about ...
- how many rules I will need,
- which fields must have rules.
(Without this analysis, you will create cycles in complex forms)
(Too much rules are not maintainable)
5. Let's hope that InfoPath 2007 will provide more functionality:
- Clickable images
- Support for repeating sections within other repeating sections (no recursion)
- a list with all rules and conditional formatting per control and field